GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Non – Traditional Machining Process Engineer, you will be part of a Team researching and developing new innovative machining processes for super alloys in aerospace applications. These processes are designed and prototyped at the Lab level with the technology road map to transition into Production.
- Provide technical support on key projects that are developing, designing, and prototyping next generation manufacturing processes.
- Integrate computational skills and lab- hands on prototyping skills solving project challenges.
- Investigate and implement specific process technology solutions leveraged from other businesses, from outside firms or from internal research
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or technically relevant field or technically relevant field or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or technically relevant field with at least 3 years of experience or technically relevant field
- Experience with Electro Discharge Machining and Electro Chemical Machining
- Numerical Control knowledge
- Tool path development experience
- Unigraphics knowledge
- Hands on experience in machining applications; turning, milling
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Strong aptitude for developing and conducting statistically designed experiments in factory and laboratory conditions.
- Some software – data acquisition development experience, electronics, CNC machine operation, chemical handling and safety awareness, and hands on manufacturing – engineering experience.
- Familiarity with six sigma design tools, computer aided modeling, data analysis aptitude, and process design skills.
- Strong team oriented style with unquestionable integrity, technical strength, business focus, passion for excellence, commitment to quality;
- Self-confidence to cut through bureaucracy and empower people, work across boundaries;
- Listen effectively, create and communicate clearly and deliver on commitments
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...