As a Process Integration Specialist/Technician in Fab 6, you will support ongoing Research and Development process integration development projects. In this position, they are required to ensure the accurate and timely processing of material in all Fabs and to work closely with Process Integration and Process Development engineers to ensure the proper execution of experiments. As needed, new skills will be learned to meet the expectations of the position.
It's expected to work with all Fab process areas to coordinate lot movement and disposition lots at all process stages. In this role, they notify appropriate personnel of process deviations and issues and maintain written passdown of shift activities, problems, and solutions. Additionally, they work with Process Integration and Process Development engineers to ensure all operations are being completed as called for by GeRM, MESSWR, or test description, and to verify the proper documentation of material.
Responsibilities include working closely with other Process Integration technicians to solve problems and resolve coverage issues. In addition, they will inspect lots regularly to maintain an understanding of current defect and process problems, which will often require the use of the optical microscope and the scanning electron microscope (SEM). As they answer questions from shift and development engineering concerning the process flows, they also communicate process changes to pilot line production and engineering staff. Additionally, they communicate with Production and Planning to keep track of down tools, staging of lots, and other issues, as well as collect specially requested inline process data. This position requires that initiative is demonstrated to fulfill expectations, make decisions and demonstrate self-motivation while learning process details and the impact of various steps on subsequent steps.
Attention to detail is critical, as one missed instruction can invalidate and entire experiment. This system also promotes multi-tasking since certain parts of the days are quite hectic for receiving requests.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
Education and Experience Required:
- Fab knowledge of most process areas (CVD, PVD/CMP, Photo, Dry Etch, Wet Etch, Diffusion, and Implant).
- Familiarity with most levels of inspection.
- Metrology workstation knowledge is a plus.
- The ability to demonstrate the use of MES Fab Tracking, MESSWR, and GeRM.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following process flows: DRAM, FLASH, or PCRAM.
- A record that shows adherence to attendance guidelines.
- A record that shows no corrective actions.
- A record that shows that area expectations were met or exceeded on the last performance review.
- The ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- The ability to organize and prioritize tasks and take them to completion.
- The willingness to be shift-flexible.
- The ability to provide prompt follow-through.
- The ability to work with others as an individual contributor in a team environment.
- A strong attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills. .
- Good communication skills.
- Two years of experience at Micron or equivalent work experience (preferred).
- The ability to meet Specialist requirements (Associate Technicians, Technicians, and Senior Technicians may also apply).
Mar 25, 2013
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...