Refer This Job To Friends
Shell’s chemical business operations in the U.S. are performed through Shell Chemical LP, which is one of nearly 70 companies engaged in chemicals businesses for the Shell Group of companies. With significant investments in manufacturing assets around the world - both direct and through joint ventures - the Shell chemicals companies number among the largest petrochemical producers in the world. Shell Chemical LP produces about 9,072 kilotonnes (20 billion pounds) of chemicals annually, which are sold primarily to industrial markets in the United States.
The Process Technician is responsible for monitoring, controlling, starting and stopping equipment (such as pumps, furnaces, etc.) that pertain to unit operation and taking corrective action when necessary to ensure that all unit conditions and operations are in compliance with Shell's safety, environmental and operating policies and procedures.
Typical duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Ensuring strict compliance with Shell's safety policies and procedures, taking immediate corrective action in the event a potential issue or unsafe behavior is observed.
- Ensure proper turn-over by providing effective written and oral communications to the relieving shift and technician that cover routine and non-routine issues, problems faced, unit operating conditions, etc.
- Monitoring and accurately recording temperatures, pressures and rates of flow for upward or downward trends.
- Maintain good communications with other team members and with other facility teams (Utilities, Logistics, etc.).
- Actively participate in the development and performance of assigned group tasks.
- Perform required unit production quality control checks and analysis.
- Ensure that operations are within environmental permitting requirements.
- Perform required preventative maintenance and assist in troubleshooting potential issues and give assistance to others when unit problems occur. Making sure to document efforts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Communicate with engineers, maintenance technicians and other team members to assist in identifying maintenance issues and planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Properly use personal computers for meeting daily performance expectations and accessing plant and unit information and procedures.
- Actively assume personal accountability for meeting Shell's standards of continuous personal and professional development.
- Participate in training and respond to emergency situations as required.
- Actively complying with all operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that work stations and the work location is clean and free of hazards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
As a condition of employment, you must qualify to receive or currently hold a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. You must also be willing to submit to and achieve satisfactory results from a Hair Follicle Drug Test, background and reference checks.
In addition to the items discussed above, you must also meet the following Basic Requirements:
The following skills and experiences are preferred:
- Comply with all of Shell's safety rules and processes
- Support the Shell's policy of a drug-free work environment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship from Shell
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Work a set 12-hour rotating shift schedule (including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime)
- Work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs
- Work in a diverse, multi-skilled, achievement oriented, team-based environment
- Work in confined spaces
- Work outside in inclement weather
- Shell emphasizes safety in all phases of its business. With proper training, you must be able to use safe lifting techniques with the use of heavy equipment.
- Must be able to use computers in a work environment
Application Deadline :
- Formal education and/or training related to production operations or a related skill area
- Previous experience in a petro-chemical facility
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Prior military experience and/or training
Sunday 24 June 2012
Number of Vacancies :
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 2 years ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...