Estimator- Process Pipe - Environmental
Wharton-Smith, Inc., a Top 400 ENR Contractor and the largest Central Florida-based General Contractor, is looking for a Process Pipe Estimator to work out of the firm’s corporate office, located just north of Orlando in Sanford, FL. The individual will work closely with the Pre-Construction Staff, as well as other office personnel to produce detailed, accurate estimates.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Solicit Subcontractor/Supplier participation via phone and/or E-mail
- Ability to read drawings, geo-tech reports and specifications
- Identify Utility conflicts and Bypass areas.
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings
- Perform quantity take-off of Pipe & Appurtenances, requiring quantity counts, linear quantity measurement.
- Projects ranging from 4 Million to 120 Million, Hard Deadlines, and must be able to multi-task
- Ability to formulate a unit price from scratch
- Proficient in scope analysis
- Developing and maintaining long term beneficial relationships with key vendors and subcontractors
- Write RFI’s to Engineers
- Working along side of Senior Estimator
- Participate in pre and post construction review
2 Year degree in a related field or 5 years of related experience required.
Field Experience is a plus. Previous experience with Municipalities is preferred.
Ability to understand construction terminology
Strong communication and organizational skills
Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel
Preferably knowledge of MC2 software
Must be insurable under the company's auto policy
Willing to consider relocation within the Southeast a "plus"
Apply today (Choose 1 form only):
On-line or E-mail only to email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please!
Wharton-Smith, Inc. - 16 months ago