Glint Photonics is a small company developing new optical technologies to lower the cost of solar energy, improve camera performance, and more. Our unique technology uses liquids as responsive and configurable optical components that can be actuated on the micro-scale. Glint’s research projects are supported by government grants and carried out in laboratory facilities and offices located in Menlo Park, CA.
We seek talented and highly-motivated technicians to contribute to our R&D efforts. Candidates must be experienced, thorough, detail-oriented, comfortable in a fast-changing experimental research environment, and able to quickly learn and contribute to new processes. This position offers the opportunity to participate in the development of a potentially transformative new optical technology and to help drive the growth of an early-stage startup company.
Activities will include chemical processing, assembly and fabrication of devices, optical and fluidic testing, and device performance evaluation using custom testing apparatus. The tasks and projects evolve quickly in support of our experimental research efforts.
- Must be US Citizen or green-card holder (requirement of government funder)
- 3+ years hands-on fabrication and/or test experience required
- Experience in optical testing and lithography/microfabrication is a plus (but not required)
- Highly organized, careful, and thorough
- Fast learner
- Willing to take on diverse and changing responsibilities within aggressive timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent references