Has advanced and specialized expertise in an analytical/scientific method or operational process, typically developed through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes assignments and facilitates the work activities of others; may coordinate work beyond own area. Proposes improvements to processes and methods. Acts as a lead, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices.
Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Operates reactor to perform thin film process. Recommends performance of process system and troubleshooting.
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis and help / guide requestor to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
Records process conditions and experimental observations. Evaluates wafers and thin films, including modification of the process recipes.
- Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis / imaging pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized condition.
Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscope (SEM) principle.
Responsible for all technology products.
- Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) system software alignment functions. Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results; help lab on monitoring wafer in process (WIP) and maintaining throughput.
Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations. Sets up equipment for experiments.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service.
Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge to draw conclusions from data. Assists in training lower level technicians.
- Develop and publish best known method (BKM) procedures including, sample prep, scanning electron microscope (SEM) conditions, and special sample handling.
Knowledgeably operates laboratory process equipment and instrumentation.
- Has developed advanced specialized expertise within a analytical/scientific area to perform the most complex work
- Has a good understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may allocate work and provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Exchanges ideas and information effectively; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
- Technical Diploma
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials Inc. - 8 months ago
Today, semiconductor manufacturing; tomorrow, the world -- of alternative energy sources. Applied Materials is, by far, the world's...