The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for developing/maintaining strong vendor relations, creating procurement strategies, and negotiating the best possible price. This individual will also be accountable for the purchasing and acquisition of raw materials, packaging, shipping supplies, RMO tools, finished goods and outside services for the benefit of Vosges Haut-Chocolate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and place purchase orders for all raw materials, packaging, finished goods and outside services. Evaluate all purchase orders to ensure that order quantities are the most cost effective possible for material and freight costs.
- Evaluate all purchase orders to ensure that order quantities are the most cost effective possible for material and freight costs.
- Establish and implement purchasing strategies, policies, and procedures that decrease our overall cost, but are in-line with our inventory established levels.
- Collaborate with Operations Team to establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts, and lead times for all raw materials and finished goods.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance, R&D, and New Product Development to source new and alternative raw ingredients, packaging and finished goods.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with all key vendors.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and payment terms with suppliers.
- Review and resolve any discrepancies with supplier invoices, grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Provide raw material, packaging and finished goods projections to key suppliers to ensure product availability on a timely basis.
- Provide Accounting Department with periodic raw material, packaging and finished goods costs to assist in maintaining product costing, and projected raw material, packaging and finished goods costs for annual price meetings.
- Arrange supplier meetings with appropriate Vosges Haut-Chocolat personnel to review and resolve any problems or issues as needed.
- Proactively participate in the vendor approval process in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Department to qualify new vendors in order to provide optimum protection of the company’s assets with commercially sound contracts.
- Continually review current means and methods of purchasing and identify process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management team to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory planning.
- Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and ensure appropriate resolution to any challenges that may arise.
- Help assist departments in identifying goods most appropriate to their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships within our industry in an effort to continually strengthen and develop the company’s vendor base and expand the supplier network to create short-term and long-term value for Vosges Haut-Chocolat.
- Verify that all purchases of goods are made according to budgetary and other policies.
- Provide a monthly status, progress and results reporting (PPV).
- Effectively and proactively communicate with all levels of leadership about identified supply constraints.
- Drive transparency and standardized work in the supply chain organization.
- Reinforce and role model the corporate values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PRACTICE:
- Must demonstrate a penchant for action, a high level of professionalism, good judgement/decision making and an appropriate level of assertiveness and ambition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing
- Knowledge of administration of vendor contracts or similar agreements
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding purchased product
- Knowledge of product lines
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and develop plans to prevent and solve them.
- Ability to see job or project through to completion.
- Ability to evaluate and source domestic and international suppliers.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA Degree required with relevant field of study preferred (operations or business)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Lean / 6 Sigma or extensive formal continuous improvement training / experience strongly preferred
- Experience negotiating pricing and purchasing contract terms
- Outstanding communication and work ethic
- Can work as part of a team or independently
- Demonstrated ability to drive new demand plan process enhancements
- Exemplary analytical/problem solving skills sufficient to identify current or potential problems
- Strong influencer, empowered and capable of leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle pressure and take direction in a demanding environment
- Solid project management skills
Indeed - 8 months ago