Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 818063-98044
Global Foundation Services is the team behind the cloud. GFS is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services. Microsoft is evolving the development of it’s future data centers to a repeatable deployment approach. In doing this we expect to achieve breakthroughs in safety, cost, quality, and time-to-market.
The Infrastructure Supply Chain (ISC) organization is chartered with delivering on 3 primary goals: (1) Reduce cost through driving products volume and innovation into the supply chain and developing a competitive environment for both product and services; (2) Reduce risk by reducing the number of project participants and ensure contract terms and MS risks are managed; (3) Reduce TTM to < 3 mos for equipment and achieve a 6mo DC e-2-e target.
The Procurement and Contracts Administrator is a key role in achieving these goals. The successful candidate will be supporting the construction contracting effort through all phases: source/market survey, solicitation, selection, award, administration, payment, and closeout. In the construction industry, the title “Contracts Administrator” may be misleading - in essence, we are looking for a Contracts and Procurement expert, who has procured (bid and awarded) GC/AE, MEP Equipment direct and similar services for large construction/infrastructure projects and has administered these, and existing contracts post-award. Responsibilities of the Procurement and Contracts Administrator will include, but not limited to:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Document Controls - maintain all formal project corresponding and drafting correspondence to prevent claims/disputes;
- Independently manage (primarily) equipment related contracts and Change Orders; reviewing the aforementioned contracts as drafted by other teams and being able to provide intelligent critique/comments;
- Implements and maintains contracting strategies and processes on the project;
- Coordinate the scope of supply across multiple equipment vendor contracts and GC contracts.
- Track and Status the Equipment Approval Request’s (ARL’s) and Owner Acceptance (OAA’s) Process. Review the documents for proper content and insure information is complete and accurate.
- Drive the internal Approval Request process
- Evaluates service provider performance against contract metrics;
- Mitigates contract disputes between the equipment vendors and MS on the project; provide oversight, guidance and technical expertise to contractors/AEs and vendors in the administration of contracts
- Reviews and recommends whether approval of contracts involving the projects is appropriate; ensures that the parties to the contracts fulfill their obligations and receive the corresponding benefits; works with MS Procurement (Equipment) Manager and Contracts Manager to ensure that contracts are in place prior to parties starting work;
- Periodically reviews existing contracts to ensure the contract rights & obligations are being properly administered. Understands GMP, Lump Sum, NTE and other construction industry standard contract types (standard construction industry and Equipment Vendor T&Cs) and can provide project teams guidance on existing language based upon a contractual dispute/query. Example: Insurance Compliance, required submittals received, warranties, CDEs, etc.
- Must understand contracting methods to facilitate importing and exporting equipment into and out of countries around the world.
- Implement “Copy Smart” into the equipment contracting strategy.
- Ensures appropriate action is taken in advance of the expiration of a contract, or rights pursuant to the contract.
- Maintains a centralized file / storage & documentation system for contract-related material.
- Provides guidance/support in the process of contracting for goods/services to ensure the correct procurement processes are followed.
- Align and feed key project information essential to the upkeep of KPI’s and other group metrics to the responsible team member for incorporation into the group reporting structures.
- Update the procurement status with the general contractors on a weekly basis and provide weekly updated status reports for the Data Center key stake holders (DCD/DCE/DC Ops)
- Successful Candidate must fulfill the aforementioned requirements as well as having a clear motivation for joining MS, the appropriate cultural fit, and be in line with the compensation guidelines.
- High-integrity - must be highly ethical and strong value-based individual focused on fairness and maintaining confidentiality.
- High-performer - must be able to fit the Microsoft “culture” by being able to effective multi-task numerous projects, with varying deadlines. Focus on meeting schedule requirements mandatory.
- Must be confident - be able to deal with multiple MS stakeholders and provide recommendations based on professional experience in the construction/ contracts/ procurement field.
- Must be able to take initiative - take initiative to ask questions and “brainstorm” with the team; must be able to seek clarification on MS processes and apply his/her own professional knowledge to the situation.
- Must have a fast learning curve - able to pick up new company processes/procedures/templates quickly.
- Must be process orientated and well organized. Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be very detailed oriented and have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computer applications and software packages. Proficiency with the MS Office Suite and the use of SharePoint database management.
- Owner/Owner’s rep experience not mandatory but would be considered a plus.
- Experience working on modular data center project would be ideal.
- General knowledge of major data center equipment such as generators, UPS, STS, chillers, AHU’s.
- 5 or more years working in the construction industry preferably in a GC/CM environment.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
- BA/BS in Business or Engineering with 5 plus years of experience in construction purchasing or 10 plus years of equivalent purchasing experience as a Procurement and Contracts Administrator (both on the procurement, administration, and management side) in the construction Industry.
- Experience in procurement and contract administration.
- Experience in the data center construction market
- Experience in the procurement and tracking of major MEP/Data Center equipment.
Microsoft - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...