This position is responsible for the end-to-end Procurement process within the assigned area of responsibility, which includes buying responsibility for goods and services up to $150K. This may include the sourcing and management of a vast array of categories and commodities for one or more operating companies under a service agreement for all RAI affiliate companies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day supplier interfaces including purchase orders, discrepancies, deliveries, etc.
- Analyzes quotations and makes sourcing recommendations.
- Communicates with clients, suppliers, and other Procurement staff to ensure the timely delivery of, and payment for, required materials or services.
- Collaborates with client groups to define and communicate item or service specifications, or requirements.
- Utilizing third party resources, facilitates the creation and management of contracts, Rfx initiatives and auctions in the eProcurement tool and the execution of accompanying purchase orders.
- Supports strategic planning and the Procurement process for assigned commodities and services while exercising good business and analytical skills.
- Develops, manages, and maintains supply relationships which provide a competitive advantage.
- Requests and applies market research and analysis for recommendations made to client groups.
- Makes decisions independently on problems and methods in order to arrive at recommendations for management.
- Participates as member of Sourcing Team.
- Performs spend analysis.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 6+ years of relevant work experience or
Associate Degree in Business or related field and 4+ years relevant work experience
or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of relevant work experience
Minimum 2+ years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience.
Experience in project management.
Strong analytical skills.
Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
Strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems.
Knowledge of overall business and corporate strategy.
Broad understanding of procurement categories and/or commodities.
Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change.
Experience working in a regulated environment.
CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) preferred.
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...