Title: Procurement Engineer
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Scientech is a global provider of commercial nuclear power instrumentation, electrical components, specialty hardware, process control systems, and proprietary database solutions aimed at improving safety, plant performance and reliability as well as reducing costs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop specifications and performance test requirements to facilitate procurement of parts and equipment for electronic components and assemblies
- Analyze technical data, design, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations, supplier facilities, and availability of parts and equipment
- Consult with engineering and quality assurance personnel to establish performance criteria and specifications for manufacturing and testing
- Investigate potential suppliers and recommends those most desirable
- Advise company personnel, suppliers, and customers of nature and function of parts and equipment
- Interview supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to parts and equipment
- Arrange and participate in conferences between suppliers and engineers, purchasers, inspectors, and other company personnel to facilitate material inspection, substitution, standardization, rework, salvage, utilization, and economical procurement of parts and equipment for the repair, rework or manufacturing process of modular electronic instrumentation
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (e.g.,electrical engineer) or equivalent and three to four years of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of electronics.
- Skill to seamlessly coordinate different departments and personnel.
- Strong communication skills necessary.
Curtiss-Wright - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...