Lead supplier quality, development, qualification and continuous improvement activities within electrical material category.
- Tracks and monitors material quality issues for supply management and other resolution of all supplier quality issues within assigned area. Takes corrective action(s) to ensure effective resolution and/or outcomes.
- Acts as liaison between the supplier and engineering on all technical specification and print clarification issues.
- Responsible for all continuous improvement activities that impact respective category metric for quality and delivery, including leading supplier quality improvement efforts.
- Leads onsite supplier qualifications for respective category suppliers by providing insight on supplier capabilities and comparison to other market suppliers.
- Ensures supplier qualifications meet requirements by performing comprehensive onsite supplier assessments that ensure sound operational processes (quality system, purchasing practices) and capability (facilities, equipment, and knowledge).
- Researches and sources materials and replacement parts: (1) Maintains system(s) such as obsolescence notification systems and SAP by ensuring all applicable information is included and up to date, and providing associated metrics when applicable. (2) Coordinates with Design Engineering and Product Management to identify potential replacement products.
- Develops comprehensive technical evaluation plans. Works with materials category team members and engineers to identify products that meet technical and system pricing requirements from reliable suppliers.
- Keeps current on new methods of production, current and alternate sources of supply and their performance, economic trends, compliance requirements and market factors to support strategic sourcing activities and to ensure Engineering is informed in making design decisions.
- Engages suppliers to solicit value engineering ideas and manages the execution of value engineering projects within the respective category team.
- Performs buyer responsibilities within assigned category team and other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 3 or more years professional engineering experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge of Window-based computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Demonstrated teamwork with other departments and/or suppliers.
- The ability to identify cost effective solutions to technical and quality assurance.
- 10-15% travel required.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and CAD/CAM product configuration files.
- Basic knowledge of industry specifications for materials and processing.
- Familiarity with of quality management systems (ISO9000, AS900, QS9000).
MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. MTS’s high-performance position sensors provide controls for a variety of industrial and vehicular applications.
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...