From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Procurement Manager - B2B Team Lead reports to the Global Procurement Director B2B, and the incumbent is responsible for leading a team to implement procurement category management initiatives in support of our Business Unit operations. The initiatives will focus on cost transformation, raw material & indirect service category management, supply continuity and support of business growth initiatives. The incumbent will utilize problem solving and other Lean principles/techniques to address issues and ensure sustainability of results.
The Procurement Manager leads a team that participates on cross-functional business unit teams interacting with Product Supply, Manufacturing plants' team members, R&D, other Procurement teams, Finance and Sales & Marketing. Initiative engagement is based on individual & specific category assignments among team members, which may involve supporting one or more of the K-C B2B sectors (K-C Healthcare, Professional, Global Non-Wovens), and Global Sustainability (energy and environment).
• Provide work direction and leadership to the procurement B2B Direct Materials & Indirect Services team
• Develop team objectives aligned with sourcing strategies, and specific supplier objectives that satisfy the business strategies and/or purchasing approaches that meet customer requirements
• Maintain a constant communication link with internal customers and stakeholders
• Maintain expertise on supplier selection and relationships, negotiating, and other purchasing practices
• Develop team members
• Drive strategic programs that impact B2B and Sustainability globally
• Lead development and cultivation of projects delivering value to the business
• Build trust with GPO and B2B partners’ leadership team
• Be a change agent for procurement and own the overall relationship with the business and key stakeholders
• Partner with global category leaders and B2B Procurement Team Leaders to implement enterprise wide category strategies as they apply to B2B partners
• Lead as an enabler in improving K-C Supply Chain by managing procurement processes and projects that contribute to improving internal customer and supplier relationships
• Lead a team to identify, evaluate, and select suppliers which best fulfill business needs
• Manage the support of the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and contracts management for specific commodity/services supplier engagements
• Direct the analyzing of the supply base to reduce risks, assess and optimize Total Costs
• Support and resolve supplier management issues (on-time delivery, supply disruption, supplier quality follow up issues, or other contractual compliance issues as deemed appropriate).
• Enable the timely procurement of goods and services by aligning the best overall value to K-C within established Procurement policies & procedures
• Aggressively identify and drive improvement and implementation of ideas that reduce costs and mitigate supply disruption risks and stimulate or supports supplier innovation that deliver on business objectives
• Support negotiations for pricing and terms with suppliers for PO buys, supply agreements, technical service agreements, etc. that deliver on customer's needs
• Proactively manage risks to supply with an collaborative yet balanced aggressive approach
• Provide excellent communication of status updates, systematic and thorough approach to root causes, development of preventative measures, and implementation of new standards/processes to ensure sustainability of results
• Offer insights and leverages knowledge of market conditions for goods/services purchased
• Value of purchases supported (and/or sourcing impact) typically would be in the $200-500+ million range.
• Provide work direction to a team of 4-5 personnel
• Estimated travel, less than 20%
• Manage the ongoing performance of suppliers including objective setting and supplier evaluations where warranted.
The Procurement Manager will lead a team focused on Direct Materials & Indirect Services and drive the enablement of the following principal accountabilities:
1. Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the company's requirements for assigned materials, equipment and services are fulfilled with the best quality, service and price consistent with the need.
2. Establish and manage ongoing vendor partnerships so that our needs for goods and services are met by suppliers whose quality, price, delivery, long term availability, and access to technology will provide us with competitive advantages, and ensure that any new capacity required is at no cost to K-C.
3. Forecast timely price and availability information on materials for the various consuming businesses and communicate this information to appropriate personnel in the company so it is properly integrated into business strategy and decision-making.
4. Develop and formalize in writing, utilizing internal customer and external vendor inputs, the following:
• Commodity objectives for all assigned materials.
• Sourcing strategies which define specific elements necessary to meet stated commodity objectives.
• Objectives for key suppliers of major materials purchased which will serve as the basis for ongoing vendor performance evaluation.
5. Develop, establish, conduct, and document, with input from mills, vendors and other internal customers, vendor performance evaluations for assigned materials as required by Healthcare procedures.
6. Develop relationships with internal customers, the mills and suppliers which reinforce the partnership aspects inherent in the Corporate Procurement philosophy and objectives.
7. Develop and maintain purchasing expertise for assigned commodities and/or services.
8. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, as well as related governmental laws and regulations to ensure purchasing activities are conducted within the parameters of each.
9. Advise and train customers, as required (purchasing approaches/procedures).
10. Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
11. Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of experience in procurement, logistics, planning finance or related fields
• Successful management of complex projects and ability to develop a team is required
• Problem solving experience in reducing total costs and improving processes
• Self-starter, with strong cross-functional team building, leadership and collaboration skills
• Experience in implementation of lean, continuous improvement and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
•Ability to lead others in the theoretical application of concepts learned and has ability to link knowledge to drive sustainable impact
- Master’s degree in business, supply chain management or continuous improvement
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired, Black Belt a plus
- Understanding of CPG industry processes, systems, and procedures.
- Firm understanding of FDA regulations and controls surrounding suppliers
- Experience in supporting Class II Medical Device or FDA regulated products
- Global Sourcing & Procurement and process improvement experience within the CPG, Medical Device or Healthcare industry
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go....