Bayer CropScience (BCS), a subgroup of Bayer AG is one of the world's leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits. The company offers an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture and for non-agricultural applications. Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of 20,700 and is represented in more than 120 countries. Business and Professional Services We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary responsibility of this role, as Procurement Specialist/Senior Procurement Specialist, is to lead the Strategic/Tactical Procurement activities for assigned spend categories and special projects within the Business & Professional Services Procurement Department by identifying, documenting, analyzing and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives where Bayer CropScience (BCS) LP synergies exist.
The incumbent will:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Develop strategic analysis of cost drivers, market analysis, and industry benchmarks to deliver cost reductions while maintaining agreed Customer Service levels;
- Responsible for Strategic and Transactional Procurement activities including Sourcing Activities, Market Research, Supplier Evaluations, and PO Creation for assigned areas and special projects;
- Satisfy Global Procurement Key Performance Indicators including but not limited to (Working Capital Targets, Supplier Reduction, Supplier Evaluations, Use of Strategic Sourcing Tools, and Cost Savings Targets);
- Negotiate Contracts and agreements in compliance with Bayer Procurement and Contract Management Policies;
- Ensure and monitor supplier performance;
- Work with PO invoice related issues;
- Continue to promote the benefits of Early Engagement of Procurement;
- Develop and implement Business & Professional Services contracts with input from business partners, stake holders and Legal while ensuring contract compliance;
- Continual sell change management to internal business partners to meet Global and Local company objectives.
- Bachelor†s degree in a business discipline with at least 6+ years of Procurement experience (VS1.1);
- Experience with change management;
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Effective communicator;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and project management skills;
- Ability to network among various technical and non-technical functions including Research, Sales, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, AP and Finance;
- Proficient knowledge of Business Systems is essential. Must have current experience in SAP, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
- C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification with the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Purchasing;
- Some experience in the following spend categories would be helpful;
- Marketing, Logistics, Research & Development, Leases, Consulting & Business Services.
Bayerjobs.com - 23 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...