Supports internal and external customers in all areas related to purchasing, and in providing purchasing historical and analytical reports as requested. Also responsible for all aspects of recurring billing for leased equipment.
• Orders all indirect supplies for manufacturing plant.
• Purchases materials based on approved purchase requisitions.
• Prepares purchase orders (PO’s) for routine purchases and follows-up with vendor.
• Performs spot purchases for non-stock, emergencies, etc. as required.
• Updates and maintains open PO report.
• Prepares and faxes domestic quotes for material.
• Responsible for Maintenance MRO Parts Inventory
• Reconciles invoices against purchase orders prior to payment.
• Maintains purchase order and invoice files, and other related purchasing records.
• Checks packing lists for accuracy.
• Authority to act on the behalf of the Purchasing Manager to communicate with suppliers regarding material and quantity requirement revisions, rate adjustments and incorrect materials.
• Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
• Keeps manager informed of any problem areas.
• Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Knowledge of purchasing software.
Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processors to perform various analysis and business correspondence.
5 to 10 years purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or an associate degree.
Ability to read and understand procedures in English. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Effective communication skills, listening skills, attention to details, and ability to organize and retrieve information.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Mohawk Industries - 2 years ago
Dal-Tile Corporation never fails to floor its customers. The company is one of the world's largest and best-known ceramic tile makers....