GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years experience; six years experience is required if the candidate does not possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess good written communication skills; working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and the ability to perform.detail-oriented work are required
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance
Essential Duties of the Position:
Prepares acquisition documentation to include: Acquisition Plans, Single Acquisition Management Plans (SAMP), Justification and Approval (J&A) documents, Statements of Work (SOW), Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE), CDRLs, Determination & Findings (D&F).
- Possesses practical knowledge of procurement procedures, operations, and regulations.
- Processes and/or confirms purchase orders, blanket orders, and contracts and conducts follow up as required.
- Maintains related records and/or databases.
- Obtains telephone quotations, department specification clarification and delivery and follow-up information as required.
- Reviews purchase orders for completeness and processes requisitions following department policy and procedure.
- Uses a variety of computer software programs in preparing and processing procurement documents.
- Acts as initial respondent to all phone calls regarding contracts and blanket orders.
- Refers the more difficult problems to appropriate personnel.Gathers information and prepares in proper format.Creates spreadsheets to track procurement progress.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 21 months ago