GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009, 2010 and 2011, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or engineering and 8 years of specialized experience in procurement processes and programs; or MS/PhD in business, management, or engineering and 10 years of specialized experience in procurement processes and programs.
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Reviews and monitors Acquisition Division’s procurement trends and patterns in the Micro-purchase and SAP areas.
- Compiles and synthesizes both business requirements and external market conditions to support optimal category strategy development.
- Develops and compiles Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to facilitate development of sourcing strategy.
- Supports implementation of sourcing strategy (competitive bidding, eSourcing tools, reverse auctions, etc.).
- Applies financial analyses to address Strategic Sourcing challenges.
- Prepares various statistical reports and resolve errors in accordance with FAR, DFAR, NAPS and applicable NAVSEA/NAVSUP/Crane guidelines.
- Develops detailed analyses of financial statements and cost structures.
- Conducts comprehensive supplier analysis (strategic direction, financial health, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
- Supports negotiation strategies, contract analyses, and sourcing communications and meetings.
- Prepare firm fixed price orders in Standard Procurement System (SPS) for contracts with negotiated pricing.
- Prepare orders under Indefinite Type Contracts and Basic Ordering Agreements (BOAs) and present to the Contracting Officer for execution.
- Plans, manages, and reviews procurement matters impacting critical Department of the Navy (DON) systems and programs.
- Acts as a senior representative for competition goals, analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes and assess adequacy of acquisition strategies, solicitation documents, source selection plans, source selection documentation and contract award decisions.
- Resolves contractual problems to ensure actions conform to public law, as well as Department of Defense and DON policies, procedures and regulations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events