Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae's Economic and Strategic Research unit is currently searching for a well qualified Applied Statistics Manager. Responsibilities are divided into three areas:
- Lead and execute in-depth analytical projects based on various data sources, including primary and secondary data, using advanced statistical analysis techniques
- Communicate analysis results and their implications in a manner that will be easily understood by non-technical professionals and the media
- Working with internal and external clients, deliver actionable findings to address business needs
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
The ideally qualified candidate would possess the following skills and abilities:
Education & Experience
Well qualified candidates are likely to have a master's degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing sciences, psychology, etc.) and at least several years of applied experience in the advanced analytics or marketing research industry or a related field where they have consistently delivered actionable and practical results. Experience in financial services and consumer finance are a plus.
Project Management Skills
The successful candidate must be able to either independently or working with internal clients and external vendors:
- Translate clients' business objectives and decision support needs into effectively targeted analytical designs
- Implement advanced analyses and help determine the business implications to deliver actionable results
- Apply strong written communications capabilities, including effectively "translating" of statistical analysis results into understandable and clear storylines so less technical professionals, and the media when appropriate, can easily understand findings and their implications and apply to their business and policy needs
- Coordinate efforts on a regular basis with the Market Research Manager to deliver effective market research design efforts and actionable results
The successful candidate must have the ability to:
- "Multitask" and work in a very fluid and typically rapid-paced workflow situation, usually "juggling" demands from multiple projects at the same time
- Efficiently keep Director informed and updated on priorities on an ongoing basis
- Engage professionally and competently with clients
- Manage multiple vendor relationships
- Comfort is stepping in where needed on occasion to address overall project needs beyond statistical needs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
Strong skills and experience with basic and advanced data analysis and statistical procedures typically used in marketing research, such as:
- Market Research methodology (Online, phone, and paper survey techniques)
- Frequency distributions & descriptive statistics (e.g., frequency, cross-tabulation, significance testing, Analysis of Variance, correlations)
- Multivariate advanced statistics (e.g., various type of regressions, MANOVA, factor analysis, cluster analysis, segmentation, conjoint design & analysis, etc.)
- Econometrics (e.g., index construction, predictive modeling, risk assessment)
- Programming skills including SQL and/or SAS, and more complex techniques and functionalities within Excel
- Data skills such as manipulating, synthesizing and analyzing large complex primary and secondary (e.g. Census) data sets
Expertise and experience with relevant software applications, including:
- Microsoft Office applications:
- Excel: Extreme proficiency required
- SPSS/SAS: Very strong SPSS/SAS skills with ability to write and execute syntax
- Other relevant applications a plus (e.g., Stata, MatLab, etc.)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 16 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...