Posting Job Title: Producer/Editor, On-Air Promotions
Requisition #: 141228BR
Posting Location: El Segundo, CA, US
Area of Interest: Creative
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable SportsNet currently seeks an On Air Promotions Producer/Editor for its Regional Sports Networks in Southern California. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Summary of Role
The On-Air Promotions Producer/Editor will have ownership and responsibility from concept to delivery and maintenance of on-air promotions and tie-ins. Responsibilities will include developing, packaging and producing promotions for new programming products, branding sports, marketing sports and special spots and campaigns in a way that increases audience interest and overall market share. The individual in this role must demonstrate experience in all aspects of digital video production, including shooting video (on location and in the studio), writing original text, recording audio and creating graphics and editing.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates strong and impactful on-air promotional spots to include writing, producing, editing, graphic creation and/or promotional shoots as needed.
- Creates and produce special campaigns and preview reels, radio spots, marketing and new media from concept to completion.
- Works with On-Air Promotions Manager and Art Director in conceptualizing innovative/brand conscious graphics packages. Provides constructive feedback to graphic artist.
Position Requirements: Operations (Tactical Responsibilities)
- Create and produce special campaigns with ability to incorporate and direct live action shoots.
- Strong collaboration with internal production teams to create concepts for promotional campaigns of original network productions.
- Guide voice over artists in recording sessions.
- Edit promotions including supervision of audio mixing and implementation of graphics.
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors, using editing equipment.
- Create promo inventory records in broadcast database and manage process from pre-production to ingest.
- Direct editors in online editing and ensure final projects are approved prior to broadcast.
Knowledge & Experience (Technical Responsibilities)
- Must have a strong knowledge of linear and non-linear editing system such as Final Cut Pro and Avid & After Effects.
- Strong understanding of Broadcast writing, copy writing and editing skills.
- Ability to produce live action shoots.
- Television sports/news producing experience preferred.
- Previous experience in working closely with the Programming Department in a major broadcasting and/or cable channel preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of communications, marketing, broadcasting, radio/tv, English and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Cable/Network On-Air Promotion producing experience.
- Travel depending upon project needs.
- Must have ability to travel. Must have current passport.
- No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adjust to last minute programming changes.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Overtime may be required in meet deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- On-call availability for 24x7, 365 days annually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC: RSNS - Regional Sports Networks
Controlling Establishment ID: 00158 - NYC 1 TW Ctr 60 Columbus Cir
Time Warner Cable - 11 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...