Posting Job Title: Producer – News 14 Raleigh
Requisition #: 143897BR
Posting Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Area of Interest: Editorial
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Responsible for producing assigned newscasts and reporting news stories under the direction of the Executive Producer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds the news wheel with live and taped news, weather and traffic elements that meet format requirements, within established deadlines.
- Coordinates with graphic artists in developing the graphics for the show.
- Writes stories for anchors as required.
- Stories should be written in a clear and concise conversational manner.
- Produces assigned live newscasts, news wheels and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct the show.
- Produces and writes special reports as directed by Executive Producers or News Director. Works with Producers, Reporters, Directors and Assignment Editors to create the news cast product.
Responsible for accuracy, fairness and balance of content in the on-air product.
- Researches news publication, websites and programming for story updates and ideas. Brings story ideas to daily editorial meetings. Responsible for up-to-date knowledge of news and events in local market, nation and world.
- Performs video editing functions as required.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 year college degree, preferably in journalism or related field. Must have prior television news experience.
- Solid news judgment, with knowledge of current local news and newsmakers a plus.
- Must be able to use and have knowledge of common television newsroom computer systems and software, with ability to learn new software systems.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment
FCC Unit_TWC: NWCAR - Local News Carolinas
Controlling Establishment ID: 00232 - Raleigh Atlantic
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 22 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...