Posting Job Title: Producer - NY1 News
Requisition #: 141791BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - New York
Area of Interest: Editorial
Network Television Production
Cable Television Production
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Line produces newscasts and oversees production in Control Room. Selects and copy edits stories for newscasts and coordinates live shots and live events. Writes stories as needed and edits video. Interacts with anchors, reporters, writers, assignment editors, and all other production staff. Makes certain to provide a balanced, accurate, objective picture of all news, entertainment and current events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Presents organized, understandable, topical and attention-grabbing newscasts.
- Selects and prepares stories for newscasts.
- Reviews content of stories and checks for errors of fact, technical errors and editorial mistakes.
- Oversees taping in Control Room and reviews the final edited version of taped stories.
- Promotes special programming.
- Uses news judgment to decide what stories to cover and how to present them.
- Keeps informed on current issues and events
- Monitors the work of associate producers, writers and interns.
- Sets quality standards.
- Gives feedback and assistance to staff for improvement.
- Gives feedback to management on performance of associate producers, writers and interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Journalism/Communication or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in news, with at least 1 year of experience as an associate producer or writer.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00112 - NYC 9th Ave
Time Warner Cable - 20 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...