As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking a
in our US National Brokerage department.
Initiates new revenue by developing new clients that meet the Marsh’s ideal client profile ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company as stated in the annual individual sales goal.
- Researches & identifies prospects that may meet Marsh’s ideal client profile
- Effectively uses Marsh sales tools to make initial contact with qualified prospects
- Meets with prospective and existing clients and develops a positive business relationship
- Engages the appropriate industry group and Marsh resources to offer “best in Partnership” resources for each prospect
- Partners across the firm to utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals
- Identifies key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, & combinations that will best serve & address the client/prospect’s issues & objectives
- Supports sales efforts by adhering to department operations and providing timely and accurate prospects data in order to track and monitor activities for management reporting & sales forecasts
- Keeps up to date on prospects’ current issues, researches new information on prospects
- Ensures timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensures that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients.
- Transitions new accounts to the client team seamlessly
- Is a visible leader in an industry and actively participates in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate
- Develops and maintains effective network within the business community and industry
- Develops an industry focus (major/minor) supporting the growth areas of the office
- Understands and complies with Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards
- Possesses excellent and proven business skills with emphasis in organizational selling
- Demonstrates sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships, coordinating others, business acumen, strategic reasoning and a results focus
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of office databases and company sanctioned sales technology tools
- Is appropriately licensed and has a working understanding of Marsh and MMC resources, services and solutions. Holds a bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 10 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...