This data centric role focusing on Global Business Travel (GBT) Platforms will be responsible for managing a suite of business travel platforms and products that will drive improved customer satisfaction and incremental revenue to GBT. As the Platform Manager, you will play a key role in the end to end product development for a key platform in the data technology space. You will work collaboratively with the Director to develop detailed market requirements for all product lines in the MI/BI Insights Platform/Big Data Team area.
Demonstrating strong business acumen and technical skills, the candidate will manage a highly visible portfolio of GBT products and platforms essential for the business travel client and products. This role will require high levels of collaboration between new product development, product management, operations, client management and technologies providing each group with clear objectives and direction to deliver the optimal product performance.
- Manage Data and Analytics Services
- Own the complete life cycle of information flow between systems
- Create Operating Level Agreements and metric to measure efficiency and effectiveness of services
- Define data quality and Business Intelligence standards
- Meet with key business stakeholders on a monthly basis to review services and make any necessary adjustments
- Study and analyze key business operations in terms of processes/functions, information, technology and organization to drive innovation within business processes and supporting technologies.
- Enforce the governance program by working with key business areas to promote understanding and compliance
- Structuring and solving complex analytical problems with IT organizations
- Performing competitive assessment and market analysis to refine positioning and pricing of product concept
- Developing detailed functional requirements with technical teams
- Supporting sales operation activities by providing training and current product information to sales staff
- Manage “business as usual” activities including product performance, product effectiveness, metrics, P&L, issue and defect resolution with vendors, American Express Technologies and other internal stakeholders, internal training, product materials, documentation, and internal and client communications
- Acquire knowledge to become a Subject Matter Expert in his/her product portfolio and be the focal point and main information hub for the portfolio
- Manage budgets, funding requests, contracts, vendors, project and issue prioritization and execution
- Execute releases and work closely with Product Development Managers in major functionality releases
- Participate in client calls to address product issues or defects as required
- Perform strategic product assessments, and define business needs for new capabilities, enhancements and to meet future growth needs
- Influence multiple business and technology groups driving delivery of strategic objectives
- 3+ Years experience managing product and capability portfolios with a strong technology focus
- 2+ Year experience in the Travel industry
- 3+ Years experience in project management
- Familiarity with Big Data, predictive modeling and visualization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be fluent in English
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, virtual environment with many global stakeholders and stay calm under pressure
- Consultative and negotiation skills to manage challenging situations
- Experience with vendor and contract management
- High level of technical aptitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree, or has equivalent work experience
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Experience with one or more Global Distribution System (GDS) is a plus
Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Primary Location: United States
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...