Who is “Guthy-Renker”
Guthy-Renker has been a leader in direct-to-consumer e-commerce for 25 years, long before they added the “e”. Founded by Bill Guthy and Greg Renker, GR has continually pushed the retail envelope with cutting edge marketing techniques, advanced technical solutions, and new analytical models to make it one of the most successful and profitable companies in Southern California.
A true omnichannel retailer, GR sells numerous brands through its award winning websites, tv spots, and physical distribution locations. With over 5 million shipments and a billion dollars in sales a year, GR takes on unique challenges of scale and complexity that depend on the best and brightest to help solve.
More than just great employees, we want to hire great people. We are going to be spending a LOT of time together, so we want you to know our expectations up front:
- Smart, quick learner – we have lots of things we do and don’t slow down too often
- Gets things done – efficient and organized
- We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
- Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
- Enjoy the occasional night out, office banter, and a cornucopia of food trucks
This position is responsible to implement and project manage strategic initiatives for a multiple early life stage brands by working cross-functionally with the appropriate internal teams. He/She will support the Emerging Brands team in the development of new brand launch and product test plans as it pertains to user groups and optimizing the customer experience. They will keep up-to-date customer service training documents and brand documentation. Candidate must have demonstrated writing skills, product, packaging, and consumer communications development experience. The person in this position may also assume additional responsibilities on other projects depending on the other growth initiatives within department.
- Monitor, analyze and initiate brand initiatives with a view to optimizing the lifetime value of each customer.
- Perform research to gain consumer knowledge; monitor and report on competitive and market trends related to key industries.
- Work with cross-functional team members to develop packaging, collateral and other product related material.
- Maintain current product information and distribute to channels and teammates in a timely manner.
- Maintain current brand assets on the Digital Asset Management system or solution equivalent.
- Responsible for ensuring that the overall direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of specific projects are consistent with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Support the Brand Management Team in their efforts working with the internal Legal Team to ensure that creative, product, collateral, offers, images and verbiage are compliant.
- Maintain current customer training information for use at the customer service centers.
- Work with Consumer affairs to monitor and analyze customer complaints, returns and/or product notifications.
- Project manage setup and creation of BOMs as needed.
- Work as assigned to support Current Member marketing initiatives including catalog and customization.
- Work with Supply Chain (Sourcing and Quality Assurance) and Packaging to launch or add new products within each brand line.
- Work with Public Relations & Social Media teams to build brand awareness and programs as assigned.
- Manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
- Write business rules and guidelines as necessary for distribution to key parties.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Demonstrated ability to build & maintain cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Desire to work in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task.
- Excellence in organization, planning and clear presentation of information.
- Excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate well within a cross-functional environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Superior proofing skills
- Able to establish and meet deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills a plus.
- Ability to work from office on a daily basis.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to travel if requested.
- Bachelors degree required in marketing, business or other quantitative fields preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience in large-scale consumer-focused direct response/database marketing environment.