As Product Manager, you will manage several product lines contribution to the business. This extends from the introduction of new products to increasing the penetration and profitability of existing products for the company. You will build product portfolios by identifying existing gaps, expanding the product portfolio and developing contiguous market opportunities based on your industry experience and your contact with prospects, customers and internal resources. You must possess a unique blend of business savvy and a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with sales and marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Managing the entire product lines life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers to garner a thorough understanding of the market, trends, and competitive landscape.
- Develop and execute a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments.
- Manage vendor and product selection and all aspects of ongoing vendor relationships from performance to cost management and customer targeting
- Collaborate with Sales, Supply Chain and Suppliers to create product line specific marketing plans with focus on customer acquisition, growth and retention
- Responsible for developing field tools including education, support collateral, technical information, product launch plans, printed, electronic and promotional materials in collaboration with supplier base and internal technical support teams
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the field force is kept up to date on new developments regarding the companies or competitors’ products.
- Assist with the development of the annual corporate marketing plan with responsibility for preparing product forecasts.
- 5+ years of marketing/product management experience in the fluid handling, filtration or pump distribution industry
- Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
- This position requires travel to customer and vendor sites in North America (10 - 20%).