The Product Analyst III will lead the development of the company’s product features, pricing and competitive position. This position will report to the Product Manager for Connecticut Personal Auto and New Hampshire Personal Auto and Homeowners lines of business. A key responsibility of this role is to independently create and develop projects through the analysis of complex business issues and provide recommendations for the implementation of new rating plans, underwriting rules, process improvements, and other initiatives. This role serves as a liaison between the Product department and all of the other departments that interface with the group. He/she ensures that projects are defined and implemented as intended.
Requirements & Skills:
- Understands predictive modeling and other quantitative concepts and serves as a resource to other Product Analysts in interpreting these concepts for business application.
- Seeks out new ideas and approaches to business issues and develops his/her hypotheses independently.
- Effectively manages projects of high complexity using available tools and data systems to identify, test and solve strategic business issues within the company data/reports, troubleshoots when there are inconsistencies and presents findings to upper management.
- Constructively challenges current processes and proposed solutions to obtain the best outcome.
- Interfaces with other departments to strategically address their needs as they relate to the product. Reviews documentation, interprets rules, and coordinates activities with marketing, customer service, underwriting, finance, and information technology.
- Serves as a regulatory, providing a thorough understanding of our rules and endorsements. Monitor the competitive, legislative, and regulatory environments in assigned states to identify emerging threats to our objectives and recommend plans for responding.
- Serve as a mentor to other team members on aspects of project work, insurance and general business knowledge.
- Serve as a Product representative in meetings with other departments as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to utilize quantitative approaches to generate sound business analyses with detail orientation. Identify results out of the norm, draw conclusions and articulate findings.
- Skilled in linking multiple data sources to organize data into a logical format for analysis.
- Confidence in taking ownership of challenging business issues, making decisions with limited or incomplete data and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated regulatory expertise.
- SAS (or related software) and regression analysis expertise.
- Extensive programming query experience (SQL or Visual Basic).
- Experience developing and implementing new, creative and effective solutions to highly complex business issues.
- Understanding of and experience within the property insurance industry is required.
- Experience managing relationships with upper management and with technical developers.
- 4 or more years in product management, actuarial, or other analytical role.
- 4 or more years of experience with relational database tools and concepts.
- Masters or higher level degree required.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation - 2 years ago