Product Auditor - 2nd Shift
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since its' inception more than 80 years ago, Caterpillar has grown to be the largest maker of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines in the world. In partnership with our worldwide dealer network, Caterpillar is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent.
As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. We are proud of our role in building the world's infrastructure. And we're proud of who we are thousands of people making progress possible around the world.
The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar, Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at over 8 facilities worldwide. BCP has facilities in North Carolina, USA (Cary, Clayton, Sanford), the UK, China, India, and Brazil. Also, BCP has announced a new facility near Athens, Georgia, USA. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, small wheel loaders, small track-type tractors, and mini-hydraulic excavators. BCP's mission statement is: Achieve profitable growth by providing customers with the highest quality, best value building construction products, work tools, and integrated solutions in the industry.
BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. We have been recognized for the past three consecutive years as a "Family Friendly 50" employer by Carolina Parent magazine and won the 2012 Capital Associated Industries (CAI) "Ovation Award" for HR excellence (Large Employer category).
As a Product Auditor at Caterpillar Inc. you will perform various audit functions on Building Construction Products (BCP) components, systems and/or machines. This is an hourly position on first shift with a starting hourly rate of $15.00. No relocation is available.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Basic Problem Solving / Troubleshooting Ability:
* Compile daily inventory reports as well as system audits to reconcile the actual number of parts in the factory with system records
* Ensure that inventory is sufficient to meet build requirements and to communicate potential shortages to material planners
Ability to Follow Standard Work:
* Perform quality inspection based on the check- list of inspection points/procedures.
* Complete inspections using a checklist and tooling provided (static tools, dry leak testing, Cab electrical tests, templates, etc.)
* Performs overall quality inspection at quality gates or at pre-delivery inspection.
* Inspects products to ensure it meets the specifications as outlined by Engineering.
* Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
Leadership - Execute:
* Relies on independent decision making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
* Must meet deadlines.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
Basic Computer Knowledge and Caterpillar Systems Knowledge:
* Produce reports on inventory discrepancies due to unrecorded movement.
* Gather data from various tools and tooling systems and prepare data reports for calibration analysis and review.
* Catalogue quality issues into a computer system and flag defects for repair.
* Cross-functional communication to complete tasks.
* Dailey inventory counts for all production material and work with various departments to trace and locate missing material.
* Contributing team member
* Successful completion of Caterpillar’s Non-Management Selection
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
* Ability to perform repetitive operations
* Ability to lift up to 35lbs
* Ability to follow standard work
* Good communication skills
* Basic computer skills
* Basic problem solving and troubleshooting ability
* Knowledge of Caterpillar systems
* Previous assembly experience
* Previous quality background
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jan 19, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Clayton-CLAYTON01-BCP Clayton Office, Us
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 13 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...