Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is an independent foundation
with the objective of safeguarding life, property, and
the environment. Since 1864, when the foundation was
established in Norway, we have grown from our shipping
roots to become a worldwide industry leader and provider
of Risk Management services. DNV has a network of 300
offices in about 100 countries, and about 9,000
DNV Business Assurance is a world leading certification
body. We work with our customers to assure the
performance of their products, processes and
organizations through certification, assessment and
training. Our services help customers build stakeholder
trust and create a platform for sustainable business
performance. As part of Det Norkse Veritas (DNV), an
independent foundation established in 1864, we belong to
a network of 10000 employees working from 300 offices
around the world.
DNV will consider either full time or sub-contract
positions for suitably qualified candidates.
Directives (Machinery Directive, PED, etc.) and various
- Performs 3rd party assessment of compliance to EU
IEC or other international standards for North America
customers with occasional international travel required.
and their suppliers.
- Performs 2nd party assessments on behalf of customers
reports of their current level of compliance with
- Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate
specified standards or regulations.
findings and corrective actions
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Candidates should be familiar with hazard analysis
with at least five years industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
inspection and testing of machinery, controls and
- Must be highly competent with the design manufacture,
protection equipment, and pressure equipment.
safety standards, and functional safety concepts
- Experience with European Directive and machinery
following IEC 61508 and 61511 would be a considerable
experiences, variety, and those who possess the highest
- Business software systems experience
- MS Excel; Word; and PowerPoint expertise
- Presentation skills and expertise
- Must be able to travel up to 70%
- DNV is interested in candidates who enjoy travel, new
of integrity and trustworthiness.
Position can be based in any major US city but Houston
- Work wells in a Team environment or as a team of one.
Division/Department : Business Assurance
Req. Code : 6943
DNV - 2 years ago
DNV (Det Norske Veritas) is an independent foundation with the purpose of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Our history goes...