Product Coordinator J02-
Coordinate new product introduction and change management processes. Maintain quality systems and processes according to ISO 9001:2000 policies and procedures. Manage product information flow through various supply chain processes and systems such as SAP and Lotus Notes to support product launch, manufacturing & sale after commercialization.
1. Facilitate New Product Introduction and Change Management processes.
2. Maintain global product information and master data standards in SAP material master, EHS Substance database (SAP) and Lotus Notes databases.
3. Conduct training for business groups (Product Managers, Procurement, Regulatory, EHS, Plants, etc.) on new product introduction and quality systems. Participate in ISO audits as required, update ISO procedures and work instructions.
4. Coordinate special projects such as product rationalization with Product Managers run excel spreadsheets from SAP, analyze data from BW, make mass changes and coordinate action plans through supply chain.
a. Review New Product Introduction (NPI) requests thoroughly to assess the scenario for product launch, determine approval requirements and sub-processes needed across various departments.
i. Tasks and approvals depend on NPI scenario such as request for trial (RFT) for a new product, vs a formulation change, a process change, qualification of a new raw material., request for commercialization (RFC) or extension to new sales region or country. Also depends on product type, ie. Biocides and other regulated products have significant regulatory and legal issues to be addressed. The Product Coordinator must be able to identify these scenarios and product types
b. Use SAP material master and recipe management workflow to process new products and changes. Product Coordinators will have the “PFS” Product Formulation Specialist role in SAP to maintain recipes (for SAP Global One system).
i. Identify missing or incomplete technical and business information required to process the review & approvals
ii. Product coordinator must be able to review physical properties, specifications, regulatory information and determine completeness of information required for each NPI scenario and type
c. Ensure formulation data is complete and raw materials are set up in SAP or identified.
i. Product Coordinator must be able to compare raw materials in the proposed formulations and search in essential materials databases, SAP material masters and EHS to identify if raw material is current, or if it is new for the plant(s) listed in the request,. If new, Product Coordination must assign tasks to proper departments to ensure regulatory reviews are completed, plants are aware of the new materials and that Procurement completes sub-processes.
ii. Product Coordinator assigns material groups (generics in non-G1 systems) to classify raw materials in SAP and databases, based on new raw material vs. alternate suppliers
d. Serve as gatekeeper for process by following up to ensure all issues are resolved across departments involved.
i. Manage issues by following up with various departments
ii. This role serves as gatekeeper to get products to market as quickly as possible. The end result is an approved product with all appropriate quality and technical data loaded in multiple systems, SAP updated in all modules to allow mfg. ship, sales of new products.
iii. Protects information as proprietary and does not distribute to or provide access to anyone without an authorized need to know.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Regulatory requirements/dependencies
· ISO 9001:2000 procedures/policies
· SAP – basic navigation as well overall process structure (MD, RM, PTD, EHS)
· MS-Excel – advanced
· Lotus Notes databases
· Detail & Action oriented
· Organized, ability to handle multiple & changing priorities, good time management skills
· Self starter, ability to work independently and as a team member
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, English required
· Critical thinker – ability to analyze various scenarios
· Ability to work with various levels of the organization successfully
Must pass background check and drug test
Employee Type: Contractor
Location: Wilmington DE