When you are a Demonstrator/Instructor at Caterpillar, you will provide efficient demonstration, training and application to customers, dealers, internal personnel and varied audiences which support and promote the sale of Caterpillar products and services with a specific focus on Paving Machines/Applications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Display a proven set of operating/application skills, product knowledge and practical experience, usually limited to selected product types and applications.
* Gain broad operation skill, application expertise and the ability to employ a wide range of demonstration, instruction, evaluation, analytical and communication techniques and tools.
* Learn and stay current with 1 to 2 of the product families, including instruction, operation and application techniques, with the expectation being that over time and more experience, the incumbent can cover a wider range of the products and applications.
* Be a professional interface with customers and dealer personnel, document and report all field activities and findings, assist in the delivery of equipment operation trainings and demonstration events, and provide on-site support to customers for field application problems.
* Operate equipment to demonstrate features and capabilities, communicate operating techniques, display effective application and safety practices.
* Conduct demonstrations at the Training Centers or off-site locations worldwide.
* Design and conduct demos involving contact with customers.
* Address customer questions and concerns.
* Master demonstration techniques and fine points of the product, thereby become an integral part of the selling team.
* Provide hands-on training related to machine operation, application, job efficiency, and safety, at the Training Centers or offsite locations.
* Support Product Demonstrator/Instructors in Commercial Operator Training program; contribute to company revenues through sales of new products and services and enrollment in the program.
* Reduce warranty expenses.
* Develop and maintain training material for a product family.
* Evaluate customer jobs for effective layout, machine application and operation, machine selection and equipment, safety of operations, etc.
* Recommend modifications/improvements, which result in superior product performance producing greater return to the customer and resulting in machine sales.
* Evaluate preproduction and current product and perform comparative analysis of competitive product as part of NPI cycle.
* Communicate with appropriate business units concerning product performance and recommendations for improvement.
* Set and conduct job studies on all models of company/competitive product at various job sites to determine productivity using electronic payload weighing cycle timing, and fuel consumption equipment.
* Compile, analyze and present date acquired to customer or business unit using proprietary PC programs.
* Support division's business plan and sell services and contain period costs.
* Manage/maintain a product family within the demonstration fleet, recommend replacement of models and consist of order.
* Work with business units, Orders and Traffic to minimize transportation expense.
* Develop and maintain demonstration areas to best display product features and benefits.
* Extensive travel, greater than 50%.
* Sound knowledge of, and selected superior operating skill in, company products and their application.
* Must possess strong human relation and communication skills.
* 4 year college degree and 1 to 2 years of related experience.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 24, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Arizona-Green Valley-TUCSON02-Tinaja Hills Trg Ctr AZ-US
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...