The Product Developer, Equipment & Accessories will support the Designer and Product Manager in the development of all new products from the initial design concept through to the final production tech packs.
The Product Developer will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development, engineering, and specifications processes.
- Assisting with the engineering the highest level of innovative and quality products.
- Executing to the product development timeline.
- Communicating the specifications and product details to the suppliers.
- Works under close direction and handles increasingly complex issues while developing a track record of success in the development processes.
The Product Developer's key deliverables are:
- Prepare and maintain seasonally accurate tech pack documents for every product in the line (detail design sketches, materials parts lists, measurement charts, sewing instructions, care/content details, packaging/hang tag/ UPC coding information etc.)
- Plan and track the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Critique all proto, sales, and pre-production samples against the tech pack specifications for fit, sewing quality, design accuracy, and functionality.
- Eliminate errors and delays by proactively communicating with contractors, Outdoor Research Operations department, and raw materials suppliers during the entire development process.
- Partner with Operations to ensure the superior quality and timely delivery of sales samples each season.
- Submit, review, and approve all color lab dips.
- Complete the development of product specifications against the agreed design and development process and timelines on time, in full and accurate.
- Ensure the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities.
- Work with Product Manager to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy, and integrity of all product communication.
- Work with raw material vendors to develop new fabrications and finishes.
- Manage fit sample review and critique process.
- Travel to Asia to work with manufacturing partners.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related position.
- 5+ years in development in the outdoor industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of outdoor product merchandising and sales.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
- Must have a track record in executing procedures and processes.
To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" link below, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
- Outdoor equipment, accessories, and/or apparel development skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical outdoor equipment featuring and user requirements.
- Experience with Gerber PDM or related tech pack system
- Technical equipment/ accessory creation skills
- Advanced competency in Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of North America, Asian, and European suppliers for technical fabrications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English
- Must be available for 10-20% travel within the US and Asia
Malakye.com - 2 years ago