The Chemical Standards Product Development Chemist will research, develop, and introduce new Analytical Reference Standards catalog products in conjunction with the new product team in support of Resteks revenue goals and strategic plan. This chemist is responsible for managing the product development process from ideation through product launch. This position is located in Bellefonte, Pa . Due to ITAR and DEA regulations, candidates will be required to successfully complete a DEA background check and a pre-employment medical examination.
1. Responsible for stage gate documentation that accompanies the ARM product development and commercialization projects.
2. Perform research and experimentation to evaluate the performance of prototype products and measure product performance relative to the product definition (statistical analysis). Mix preparation, testing and analysis will be performed by the chemist or the new product team. Some lab work will be expected, but will vary based on the project.
3. Understanding of the end use of the product by reviewing the analytical methodology.
4. Consult with the Analytical Reference Materials Product Marketing Manager to develop priorities and negotiate scheduling.
5. Transfer new ARM products to ARM Manufacturing through support documentation.
6. Responsible for insuring all new raw materials necessary to produce new products are purchased and thoroughly characterized prior to use. This includes an understanding of the specific properties of each compound, potential contaminants, and developing appropriate QA procedures to measure compound purity.
7. Responsible for identifying the necessary storage and handling techniques to preserve the integrity of new raw materials related to new products. Responsible for training ARM personnel in the storage and handling of new raw materials.
8. Responsible for communicating progress on projects through monthly reports and at staff meetings.
9. Responsible for answering specific customer inquiries in area of expertise.
10. Expected travel (technical meetings and customer visits) approximately 4 weeks/year.
1. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or other related science.
2. Prior experience is required (2-3 years). Formulation chemistry and/or analytical (GC + HPLC) experience preferred.
3. Must submit to background checks by DEA and ATF.
4. Must pass a respirator fit test.
Restek - 17 months ago