The successful candidate will work as a Product Development Engineer in the Wafer Inspection Division on Brightfield products.
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) of KLA-Tencor is the world leader in design and manufacturing of systems that are used for capturing yield-impacting defects through optical inspection of patterned wafers for semiconductor manufacturers to ramp and maintain yields for their products.
This role will involve requirements analysis, systems design and testing of complex inspection systems using expertise from multiple technical disciplines. The selected candidate will:
- Work with marketing and engineering to define system architecture and develop requirement specifications and test plans - 30%
- Work with functional groups to define and review designs. Create and execute test plans and perform analysis to validate system performance. Will trouble shoot system and subsystem issues and work with various subsystem teams to find and implement solutions - 40%
- Support internal and external customers in implementing processes to build and use the tool effectively and optimize tool performance. Lead troubleshooting efforts in manufacturing and in the field. - 30%
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Must have a strong background in engineering or the physical sciences and demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Must have a good understanding of Optical, Electromechanical and Software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment.
- Strong diagnostic and trouble shooting skills in optics, opto-mechanics, and motion control systems; experiences with lasers and illumination systems, CCD/CMOS cameras is a plus.
- Should be familiar with scientific and statistical analysis tools and SW tools such as Matlab, JMP, Zemax, and LabView.
- Experience in developing a subsystem in one or more of the above areas are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes and image analysis is desirable.
- Should have the ability to influence functional groups to drive system level decisions.
- Have agility and the ability to thrive on a fast paced program and respond quickly to field and internal escalations.
- Should be able to define objectives clearly, create and track schedules effectively, and drive the team to a solution.
- Must be an effective communicator able to share technical information with functional groups and provide executive level reports to management and customers.
- May be required to lead small cross functional teams.
- PhD in applied optics, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics or related disciplines desired
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience. OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience. OR
- Doctorate (Academic).
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor - 16 months ago
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...