Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Product Development Manager (PDM) works with the latest in PowerPC, Intel, FPGA and high-speed interconnect technology to provide specific solutions to customer requirements. PDMs directly manage a dynamic group of engineers whose primary responsibility will be to move products from concept/specification definition through development to production release; reporting on status to the leadership team.
Leadership skills will be put to the test by driving a high performance work culture. Engagement will be achieved by continuously evaluating performance for all engineering staff and ensuring that proper goals, objectives and expectations have been set.
• Contribute to the strategic planning of the group, process improvement and be instrumental in achieving the overall success of the business as a member of the Leadership team
• Accountable for schedule creation, cost & schedule tracking and completion of work to ensure key on time and on budget metrics are achieved
• Support BIDs and ROM estimates and participate in new tool and IP evaluation
• Provide technical leadership/mentoring for team members and provide solutions and recommendations
• Act as the primary point of contact, both internally and externally on your assigned projects; defining work and managing subcontractors as necessary
• Prepare detailed development plans and schedules and provide accurate estimates for development activities
• Adhere to defined development processes and procedures
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Strong leadership, communication, and mentoring skills in developing and maintaining a High Performance work environment
• A minimum of 8 years experience developing board level products, ideally in the military/aerospace industry, including experience leading multidisciplinary teams
• Experience with multi-processor topologies, PowerPC architectures, EPLDs, FPGAS, analog, and digital design, software development and a good working knowledge of industry standard bus architectures such as VME, VPX and PCI
• Solid understanding of the release of products to manufacturing
• Demonstrated problem analysis and solution skills in dealing with complex technical issues
• Focused on identifying solutions to various issues (technical or management in nature)
• Hands-on and results oriented with proven planning and project management skills & tools
• Able to multi-task, evaluate risk and make timely decisions
• Strong sense of ownership, motivation, initiative
• Results oriented.
• Customer focused
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...