This is a hands-on creative position for an innovative thinker to work with the Director of Product Development to bring new and exciting products to our current market and expand into new markets to be a more competitive, innovative and global company. Experience in product development is required. Proven track record of developing trendy, fashion-forward consumer products that have been successful in the retail marketplace is important. This role will require a creative thinker and someone who can work independently. The ideal candidate for this position will be both tech savvy and a creative.
New product Development and design:
- Participate in market research thru print, web, market assessment and attending local trade shows. Competitive shopping to be aware of market trends.
- Collaborate with director and generate new and innovative product ideas using research to determine the end user.
- Apply knowledge of new trends and innovation by creating story boards to identify new category/product opportunities
- Ability to illustrate concepts and be able to create final art. Manage the product development process from concept through launch.
- Some knowledge of overseas sourcing (products are sourced in China and Europe).
- Comfortable in choosing materials and colors with a clear understanding of what's in the market and how it can apply to our products.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Initiate and prepare design specification packages for vendors.
- Prepare spreadsheets for internal use
- Participate with all teams to execute product development plan.
Low: $55000 - High: $63000
- 5+ years experience in Product Development
- Have an in-depth understanding of the development process
- Be able to effectively manage time and multi-task while working with a team
- Skilled in graphics programs to include Illustrator and Photoshop, knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required