In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating product development and test programs and working with food and beverage customers on the application of current product and packaging technologies. Specific responsibilities include:
· Assisting in the development of new product lines, product line extensions and modifications of existing products to minimize customer problems and to assure maximum market penetration and profitability.
· Interface with customers in support of sales opportunities to establish a clear understanding of the customers problems, to provide them with cost-effective solutions based on current and new technologies and capabilities, and to advise them in the proper application of the company’s products.
· Train sales and marketing in product line technologies and promote the correct handling, manufacture and application of the products.
· Work with materials, manufacturing engineering and operations to ensure effective transfer of new products/processes to commercial scale.
· Provide support to the materials group in evaluating alternative raw materials and packaging films.
· Assist in establishing a capability for product and materials testing, analysis and evaluation, including appropriate laboratory facilities and test equipment; define test programs and procedures.
To qualify, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Packaging Science with a focus on food and beverage packaging. A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in packaging development or product development within the food, beverage, or packaging material industry required. Knowledge of food processing technologies, packaging materials, and packaging techniques required. Familiarity with the operation of various laboratory equipment including headspace analyzers, pH meters, conductivity meters, and bench top mixing equipment desired. Ability to interact with customers is essential. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with formulating new food and beverage products and/or evaluating food/beverage ingredients highly desirable.
Multisorb Technologies - 9 months ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...