As Product Development Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating product development and test programs and working with pharmaceutical and healthcare customers on the application of current product and packaging technologies. Specific responsibilities include:
To qualify, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or Packaging Science or Engineering with a focus on pharmaceutical or healthcare packaging. A minimum of 5-7 years experience in packaging development or product development within the pharmaceutical industry required. Knowledge of pharmaceutical formulation, stability, packaging materials, and packaging techniques required. Familiarity with the operation of various laboratory equipment including headspace analyzers, pH meters, conductivity meters, and bench top mixing equipment desired. Ability to interact with customers is essential. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, and will have demonstrated experience participating in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Assist in the development of new product lines, product line extensions and modifications of existing products to minimize customer problems and to assure maximum market penetration and profitability. Develops failure mode analysis and control plans.
- Assist in establishing a capability for product and materials testing, analysis and evaluation, including appropriate laboratory facilities and test equipment; define test programs and procedures for R&D programs. Assist with performing said methods.
- Interface with customers in support of sales opportunities to establish a clear understanding of the customers’ problems, to provide them with cost-effective solutions based on current and new technologies and capabilities, and to advise them in the proper application of the Company’s products.
- Train Sales/Marketing personnel and other technology personnel in product line technologies to promote the correct handling, manufacture and application of the Company’s products.
- Assist the product leader and product development group leader in development and recommendation of annual objectives, plans and budgets for research and product development activities.
- Assure that adequate records/documentation of technical information, formulas, process methods and standards are maintained. Support patent action and cooperate with patent counsel in obtaining patent protection for the Company’s unique processes and products.
- Assist Sales/Marketing personnel at customer sales calls/visits and at trade shows as required.
- Work with materials, manufacturing engineering, and operations to ensure effective transfer of new products/processes to commercial scale.
- Provide support to materials group in evaluating alternative raw materials and/or packaging films.
- Maintain technical liaison with key customers, laboratories and agencies to enhance the Company’s technical product match with market needs.
Multisorb Technologies - 9 months ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...