The Product Development Manager will be responsible for developing all related product in alignment to Design’s creative vision and Merchandising’s strategic vision. They will be responsible for ensuring all developed product meets vineyard vines price and quality standards from the initial material and styling stages through the manufacturing and delivery stages and ensure calendar deadlines are met. The manager should be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment to ensure proper execution is performed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Request and receive all material development related to your product categories
- Submit, track and send all color comments in the development stage
- Request, receive and send all wash comments in the development stage
- Assist in all trim sourcing and development
- Request, track and receive all development samples
- Create, send and maintain all design cards in blue cherry
- Receive, land and review all costs with design and merchandising
- Source new fabric, trim and garment suppliers
- Prepare and send all packages on an as needed basis
- Develop and approve all labels and tags
- Monitor and record all development in alignment to the seasonal scorecard
- Conduct product development review meetings for the cross-functional team
- Work with technical design on the timing of development packages
- Drive seasonal deadlines
- Clear and Timely Communication to internal and external partners and vendors
- Follow up on Pre -Production and TOP samples and approvals
- Knowledge of Childrens Apparel Testing Requirements
- Issue Purchase Orders in Blue Cherry for Bulk Production
- Manage Development and Production tracking charts
- Travel to local and overseas vendors
- College Degree -- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years related Children's Apparel Experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to react to change
- Strong time management skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- General office procedures and skills.
The essential functions of this job require the employee to perform the following physical activities:
- Regular use of a telephone and PC.
- Use of other office equipment such as a copier and fax machine.
- Ability to access all areas of the facility to perform essentials functions of the position.
- Noise level for this environment is moderate.