ABOUT THE ROLE
The Product Director is responsible for overall product research, planning, strategy and development of new and existing editorial products for PEOPLE Digital. The Product Director also will lead a small team of product managers in all efforts to gather and prioritize business and customer requirements; define product vision; work closely with editorial, sales, marketing, design, and technology; and ensure revenue and consumer goals are met and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure delivery of superior products on time and within budget
• Define strategy and roadmap, and develop the core positioning and messaging for products that fall within your responsibilities
• Deliver prioritized product features and corresponding justification
• Assess opportunities, and investigate and recommend new products and enhancements
• Analyze product performance and recommend improvements (ex. Tracking metrics monthly for 6 months post-launch, and quarterly on-going)
• Develop business cases, staffing plans, and / or budgets to support new / existing products
• Work closely with editorial, marketing, sales, design, technology and legal to achieve and maintain product goals (ex. Product performance with consumers)
• Ability to own and manage multiple products and hand-off non-priority products to other teams
• Participate in business & product management strategy sessions
• Be an expert with respect to the competition within your set of products
• Manage and inspire a small team with both leadership and innovation
• Ensure all products fit within the PEOPLE Digital brand and company strategy
• Demonstrated success defining and launching products
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams that do not directly report to you
• Proven ability to create clear, detailed, concise requirements (please include writing samples)
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a simple, organized business language to clients and management.
• Experience in giving presentations and using presenting tools
• Knowledge of web technologies used in managing content-driven websites
• Must be qualified to work in the US and New York City. Relocation is not offered at this time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
8+ years product management experience.
Experience in media/publishing a plus.
MBA a plus.
PEOPLE is a cultural force. We define celebrities, drive conversation, and inspire action. We create an immediate and intimate connection to the people you want to know and the moments that shape their lives. In digital, that mission arches over all that we do, from breaking the latest celebrity news to creating striking photo and video experiences, curating editorial channels and packages, and designing easy-to-use tools that drive engagement. Thanks to flexible templates, bright colors and clean presentation, PEOPLE.com has been able to serve its 35 million monthly unique users on this level, and has worked to deliver all its content in fresh and lively ways.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide...