Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding over one million users each month. Currently, there are 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything.
More than 15,000 developers build apps and product on top of the Evernote Service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About The Role:
Evernote offers a suite of products designed to help people remember everything so that their personal and work lives are more efficient. One of our challenges is to help users better understand the basics of how to use our apps, how to integrate the applications into their lives, and to explore the range of capabilities of our apps. The Intern in Product Education will work under direction of the Director of Learning and alongside the content and product teams to produce excellent learning materials for product education. Currently, these materials will include walkthrough video tutorials, HTML guides, and click-through tutorials with quizzing. A part of this job will also be to help brainstorm and implement better approaches to product education.
This part-time intern position will report to the Director of Learning, in the Marketing department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Produce clear, well-designed content based upon product education goals.
- Author and review content for Getting Started Guides to accompany product launches ( http://evernote.com/skitch/getting_started/ios/ ).
- Create video walkthrough storyboards based upon product learning needs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdksv49d2oY&feature=plcp ).
- Review and author Knowledge Base articles as needed ( https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBSplash.asp ).
- Produce click-through tutorials using Captivate screencasting software.
- Think creatively and contribute to proposals to improve Evernote’s learning approaches: lesson plans, new technologies, interactivity, gamification, etc.
- Other projects as delegated by Director of Learning.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to write in a clear and engaging way to explain complex operations to novice users.
- Understanding of educational theories or methods and how to apply them to user education.
- Ability to explore and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to author HTML by hand.
- Ability to capture and make changes to screenshots.
- Completed or enrolled in courses in related field (Technical writing, education, design, technology, human-computer interaction).
- Ability to provide samples or a portfolio of completed educational design projects, curricula, lesson plans, web content.
Working at Evernote:
- Completed or enrolled in Masters or advanced degree program in related field (Technical writing, education, design, technology, human-computer interaction).
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams to produce content or educational projects.
- XML or scripting experience.
- Evaluation experience (user testing, pre/post tests).
- Photoshop or other image editing experience.
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Teams work across departments to produce the best results collaboratively.
Benefits & Perks:
This position is paid hourly. As an intern, you will be able to enjoy a selection of free, delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Evernote - Redwood City, CA - 10 months ago