Areas of Responsibility
- Advise and consult with sales department on the preparation of quotes for new work. Review customer drawings and specifications.
- Advise and consult with machinists and CNC programmers to determine best approach to manufacturing parts. Establish specific process required for the production of specific machined parts.
- Coordinate with mill department, lathe department, and operations department to determine best schedule.
- Coordinate with tooling department and purchasing department to ensure that all necessary tools and materials necessary for production are purchased.
- Provide all necessary information, documentation, data, drawings, and manufacturing direction to other departments and vendors.
- With the sales contact, serve as contact between Turbocam and customer. Provide updates to customer as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors as necessary for sub-contracting work to them.
- Provide leadership to direct the project and resolve problems as needed.
- Visit customers and vendors as necessary.
- Maintain all necessary documentation, drawings, and data. Archive all information when jobs are complete.
- Perform final visual inspection of parts and supporting documentation before shipment of parts.
- Demonstrates competence in handling non-conforming product.
- Must maintain adequate near vision by means of an annual test (per the requirements of Work Instruction WIQA.04).
- Support the company mission statement.
- Complies with established safety practices and is proactive in communicating potential safety hazards to the Safety Committee.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Turbocam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 2 years’ experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- 2 years’ experience using CAD and CAM software.
- 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree or related experience.
- High comfort level with various computer systems and software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of customer requirements, industry standards, TURBOCAM and vendor capabilities.