Join a highly focused and highly talented product introduction team, within Intel's Switch & Router division.
In this role you will be responsible for managing state of the art switch and router components, shepherding these products from First Silicon through Product Release to Manufacturing. Responsible for ensuring that qualification and characterization tasks are met with the results fed back into the product datasheet.
Will collaborate in the design of product bring up platforms of high complexity and capability allowing the testing and characterization of 10G, 40G and 100G Ethernet connections.
Performs analysis of customer returns. Optimizes device production relative to cost constraints.
Analyzes yield and determines whether the product is or is not yielding within acceptable windows and performs appropriate analysis separating problems into FAB, Design, and Test categories and solves those problems using outside resources as appropriate.
May assist customers in solving device usage problems or customer testing of complex devices. Is capable of planning and scheduling daily tasks based on overarching goals from management.
MS/BS Electrical Engineering or Physics
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant field such as Design, Product Engineering, Quality, or Networking
- 3 or more years experience programming with C or Perl
- Experience in PCB high speed design methods
- Experience with programming ATE testers
- Knowledge of Ethernet routers and switches
- Be able to specify minor redesigns of devices and masks.
- Knowledge of defect density theory and its application to yield analysis
- Understanding of basic networking concepts with knowledge of 10G protocols such as KR, KX, SFI a plus
- Understanding of how to approach the characterization of an electrical component with regard to environmental and electrical stress evaluation.
- Knowledge of package qualification processes
- Knowledge of life test procedures, Arrhenius acceleration calculations, FIT rate calculations and DPM calculations
- Ability to program remote test equipment in a laboratory setting using Perl, Python, or C languages is desired.
- Direct experience with 10G Ethernet, networking, switching and routing technologies is very helpful.
- Direct experience with 10G networking test gear (Spirent, Ixia)
- Experience with detailed product electrical characterization is helpful.
- Knowledge of high speed measurement techniques as they relate to jitter and related measurements is helpful.
- Knowledge of KR, KX, SFI protocols and testing is a plus.
USA-California, Thousand Oaks
Nov 14, 2012
Nov 15, 2013
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.
This is to replace the loss of an E7 product engineer who is leaving Intel.
SRD is specifically tasked with designing advanced switches and routers at 10G, 40G and 100G data rates. The next product switch also switches PCIe traffic so PCIe knowledge is helpful.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...