Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE: |
B) is a diversified global manufacturer and logistical services company that provides precision component manufacturing and operating service support and solutions to nearly every industry around the world. With more than 60 locations on four continents worldwide, our employees deliver on our promise to our customers, ensuring exacting performance, superior support and service, and impactful results. Backed by more than 153 years of manufacturing and service excellence, we continue to build on our long-standing tradition of precision manufacturing and logistics solutions for today's most crucial applications.
This role represents an opportunity to join the Associated Spring Bristol Division team.
If you are a career minded, proactive and collaborative leader with a track-record of results and enjoy working in a dynamic fast-paced manufacturing environment, you are encouraged to submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Leads, Models, and Drives productivity improvements through the Division in alignment with business strategies and annual operating plan. Leads by way of example to assure effective implementation.
- Quotes new products and/or designs from customers to grow business strategically.
- Lead the manufacturing of prototype and PPAP parts.
- Partners with the manufacturing group to utilize the equipment and technical capabilities of the organization to meet customer requirements, at times leading a team to champion specific project(s).
- Designs and develops new products to meet customers requirements.
- Designs and develops capital equipment improvement projects, develops and writes business cases (CAARs) in support of these projects.
- Assists all other departments in interpretations of design specifications, quality and customer requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Works cohesively with, assists, and, when appropriate, mentors employees with respect to product capabilities.
- Seeks out and develops industry standard and new technical information for spring design and process advantages.
- Approximately 30% of time is spent working within the manufacturing area to develop new designs or methods for quality, manufacturability, process and productivity improvements in alignment with business needs.
- Participate in, and at times, lead lean activities which relate to new product development, quoting, and product refinement process maps.
- Perform all other related engineering duties as assigned.
- 7+ years Product/Process Engineering experience
- Production-focused, hands-on problem solver
- Must be able to interact with customers to resolve design, functionality and quality issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including design software.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment as well as be an individual contributor
- Must be flexible to work all shifts to support assignments, projects, workload, etc.
- Should be proficient with Microsoft Office, Solidworks, and AutoCAD
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Product/Process Engineering or a related engineering or science discipline with up to seven (7) years of practical experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment a plus.
- An advanced degree, or a professional certification such as Certified Professional Engineer a plus.
At Barnes Group Inc, career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
At Barnes Group Inc. we recognize that our strength and success comes from our employees. Our business success reflects the desire to expand the diversity of our employees as well as our customers. We call upon and utilize the full potential of our diverse workforce.
Barnes Group Inc. is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity in its personnel policies and practices. It is Barnes Group Inc.'s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status at all job levels. All such decisions are based on (1) individual merit, qualifications, and competence as they relate to the particular position, and (2) promotion of the principle of equal employment opportunity.
All other personnel programs such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoff, return from layoff, training, education, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago