Req #: 22044
Category: Product Management
Location(s): US-TX-San Antonio
Shift: First Shift
Fanatical Support™ has made Rackspace the service leader in cloud computing. We deliver enterprise-class hybrid cloud infrastructures to businesses of all sizes and kinds around the world. We started in 1998 and we host hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. Rackspace combines public cloud, private cloud, and dedicated bare metal computing to provide the perfect infrastructure for each customer’s specific needs. And, the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud is powered by OpenStack™ and backed by Fanatical Support.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Product Engineer to join the Rackspace security and networking product team. In this role you will manage execution of engineering tasks on concurrent projects related to the security and networking product portfolio, and maintain strong lines of communications between support, product management, software development and architecture teams.
You will also ensure that Rackspace products and services in your assigned portfolio create positive user experiences for our customers and you will serve as an escalation point for existing products, drive continuous improvement among existing product lines to decrease support workloads and improve process efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Understand the information protection and connectivity needs of customers.
- Implement capability and maturity process models for security and networking portfolio (for example, SSE-CCM, ISO/IEC 15288).
- Drive technical requirements and work closely with product management, operations and support teams to launch new products.
- Manage lab environment used to validate functionality and practicality of new technologies.
- Train different levels across the organization on the design, testing, and practical use of products and services in the portfolio.
- Influence technology roadmaps of vendors.
- Communicate thought leadership and vision across the organization.
- Assist Product Operations team in overcoming obstacles to success and/or coordinating technical tasks with other teams
- Minimum of 5 years direct security experience in one of the following CISSP domains:
- Security Architecture and Design
- Operations Security
- Software Development Security
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- CISSP Certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification is a plus
- Technical writing experience
- ·Excellent creative problem-solving and decision making skills, coupled with a continuously demonstrated ability to take on responsibility and ownership
- Capable of negotiating and executing technical decisions with little or no guidance
- Good understanding of Product development life cycle
- Previous management or leadership experience preferred
- Ability to be an all in one: High Level Architect, Network or System Administrator, Technical Write, Sales Engineer, Device-level Engineer
- Drive priorities to completion and communicates status to customers and leadership
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Rackspace - 9 months ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...