Picarro has an opportunity for an innovative and driven product leader to take our recently introduced flagship product Picarro Surveyor ™ from a transformational product just launched for the natural gas industry to the gold standard product for natural gas emissions surveys and build a mobile product line that covers the whole natural gas industry supply chain from the wellhead to the consumer.
The U.S. is entering what is being called a golden age of natural gas that has the potential to make the U.S. energy independent in the coming decades. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to make a global impact in the way natural gas is produced and distributed in a safe and sustainable way. Picarro Surveyor is a mobile, state-of-the art technology for the natural gas industry that incorporates cutting-edge precision emissions detection technology combined with cloud-based data processing, visualization, and reporting tools that are delivered in real time with actionable results that can be addressed by anyone with a driver’s license. The Surveyor product delivers 1000× sensitivity, 10× speed compared to current technologies in use, and unparalleled operational simplicity. Cloud-based storage, analysis and data management tools also provide insights that can be used to enhance planning and operational efficiency for our customers. Our customers are already calling the technology “revolutionary”. To grow this enterprise we are looking for a Product Leader to champion our current and future Surveyor™ product line.
Reporting to the vice president of marketing, you will play a pivotal role in developing and bringing to market a foundational product line that will be a key driver in Picarro becoming, not just a market leader, but a market maker. This is a high-impact role that is critical to our aggressive revenue goals. Working with a world-class team, this role offers the candidate the opportunity to play a leadership role in a company that is helping scientists and industry solve pressing global problems.
This is a career defining opportunity for the right candidate to join a well-funded, rapidly growing and highly respected company bringing truly transformative technology to new markets. The successful candidate will be a thought leader with the vision, skills and confidence to drive our new concepts and technology. The successful candidate will work with internal groups such as R&D, engineering, sales and manufacturing as well as with customers directly. The right candidate will be responsible for the functions that drive top line growth including, but not limited to, driving the product roadmap, expertise in pricing strategies for a product that combines hardware, software and cloud hosted storage/analysis solutions, developing collateral, providing sales training, attending and presenting at conferences and trade shows, worldwide.
- Lead the development, commercialization and monetization strategies for all mobile applications.
- Build customer community and initiate executive offsite meeting to bring together key stakeholders to develop and implement best practices
- Bring the best products to market, on time and within budget
- Develop pricing models for a unique product that combines hardware and cloud hosted storage/analysis solution
- Drive negotiations and agreements with potential customers during the sales process
- Collaborate with customers and other industry stakeholders to develop seminal reports that become reference standard for the entire industry.
- Highlight Picarro products at trade shows and conferences and identify and monitor trends in the markets we serve
- Continually publish updated business plans, roadmaps, refreshing key performance attributes and financial indicators as needed
- Execute on transformative print, e-print and video tools that can be used to successfully market products and services
- Some travel to customer sites and global conferences is required
- A 4 year technical or business degree is required and a MBA or MS is desired
- At least 7-10 years of product management and or business development experience at an enterprise level company or large scale cloud vendor. Proven track record of growing businesses.
- B2B Marketing and Business development experience. Strong aptitude to articulate and execute on business strategy.
- Strong contract negotiation skills, and experience executing lease agreements, Energy Industry related experience is desired
- Domain experience in hosting software solutions, data storage, SaaS or compute cloud architectures.
- Product Management experience in a high paced, dynamic organization and marketplace
- Must have a proven track record of outstanding performance in interacting with enterprise level customers and various internal organizations
- Deep experience in managing product requirements, market analysis, product adoption, and integrating with product development organization.
- Proven ability to understand new technologies, their applications, and their potential impacts upon the marketplace.
- Results oriented team player with a "make it happen" attitude and drive for success.
- Demonstrated record of defining and driving to launch highly successful products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and dedication to bring about environmental transparency through sound science and world class scientific measurements.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Picarro - 13 months ago