It’s What’s Inside That Matters
Cree is showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined. We are a premier innovator and manufacturer of semiconductors that enhance the value of solid-state lighting, power and communications products by significantly increasing their energy performance and efficiency.
Not only is Cree at the forefront of the sustainable energy movement, but we are committed to leading the market and showing the industry what’s possible with our technology. We are the innovators, the pioneers, the dreamers. We do not accept the status quo. At Cree we know that what matters is what’s inside, because our people are what define us; acting alone, working together and leading others.
We currently have an opening for a Product Portfolio Manager with our LED Lighting group, located in Racine, WI . If you’re an experienced marketing professional now is your chance to join the LED Lighting Revolution.
Cree has a track record for launching breakthrough products that crush paradigms and enable new markets. We are seeking an innovative product manager with the ambition, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit to help us define and launch our next generation of industry leading products.
The Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for ensuring that their assigned product category(s) establish or expand a dominant leadership position in the industry. Critical activities include; close market engagement and intelligence gathering to determine what products to do next, creation of product requirements, collaboration with key stakeholders to drive products through development to launch, and product lifecycle management.
- Identify product and market opportunities and gaps
- Create and maintain category market landscape and Cree’s position within it
- Develop opportunity assessments and/or business cases for all proposed products within category
- Drive the product prioritization process for assigned categories
- Write detailed Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) that drive product development
- Work with New Product Engineering to translate MRDs into detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)
- Drive product design decisions to ensure technology solutions exceed market needs
- Communicate internal and external launch roadmaps
- Establish pricing for new products
- Adjust portfolio pricing as market conditions warrant
- Manage overall product portfolio and lifecycle
- Work with Product Marketing, Operations, and Engineering to ensure all new product launch deliverables are delivered on time and on target
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of lighting industry experience
- 1-2 years of product management /marketing experience
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong written / presentation and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, creative thinker, with a strong drive to achieve
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing market and company conditions
Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Engineering or technical undergraduate degree
- B.S. Architectural Engineering – Illumination Emphasis
- 3-5 years of product management/marketing experience
- 3-5 years of lighting fixture manufacturer experience
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching new products
CREE - 21 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...