Overall this role is responsible for bringing to market a complete text analytics solution set, delivering text analytic capability for model development, deployment and execution within the decision management platform. In addition to text analytics, other advanced analytic techniques may be identified as capabilities to be added to the platform. The product manager will be responsible for engaging with our field organization and clients to understand the requirements and applications of text analytics, working with product marketing to capture the market requirements, working with product engineering to communicate product requirements and with our sales and marketing teams to support a successful go to market strategy.
The role of the product manager is to define and successfully bring to market products and solutions. This specific role is focused on advanced analytic capabilities for the decision management platform, in particular text analytics. To be successful the responsibilities for this role will include:
• Contribute to the overall FICO Decision Management Tools product strategy, roadmap and the definition of market requirements.
• Deliver product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification; identify product feature enhancements.
• Develop use cases and applications of FICO analytic capabilities and tools, particularly addressing emerging analytic techniques including text mining and text analytics
• Contribute to product positioning and messaging, and corresponding marketing and sales materials.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of competing products and create competitive analysis.
• Contribute to business plans and quantitative business models (e.g., pricing and licensing).
• Articulate the business and technical intricacies of the product line.
• Manage development partner and beta release programs for the software.
• Collaborate with the development team and other product managers.
• Deliver compelling product demonstrations on site and remotely with web technology.
The product manager will work within the Decision Management Tools product management team, reporting to the Tools Product Management Senior Director. They will work closely within the team, particularly with the models and decision management platform product managers. In addition to product management, they will also work closely with product marketing, product engineering, sales and marketing and professional services.
Master’s degree or PhD, preferably in computer science or mathematics
• 5+ years’ experience in the software industry
• Product management experience would be an advantage
• Solid knowledge of the software engineering discipline, processes and methodologies
• Experience using advanced analytic techniques and software, preferably FICO Model Builder, Lucene, Splunk, SAS or similar
• Considerable experience in at least one programming language;
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
• Superior organizational skills, ability to track and juggle many tasks
• A passion for innovation, visual and technical quality
WHY MAKE A MOVE TO FICO?
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading credit scores and other solutions, FICO is the leader in predictive analytics for banking, insurance, retail and healthcare. Our ability to drive smarter decisions is driving some of the world’s leading companies to a new level of analytics-fuelled success.
Our success is founded on really talented people – just like you – who enjoy:
• Innovation – change the game for us and for our clients around the world
• Teamwork – lead and learn from the very best in your field
• High Performance – challenge yourself and reap the rewards of delivering results
• Opportunity – grow with a global company that develops talent
FICO™ (NYSE: FICO) delivers superior predictive analytics that drive smarter decisions. Our groundbreaking use of mathematics to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries and revolutionized the way risk is managed and products are marketed. FICO's innovative solutions include the FICO(R) Score - the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States - along with industry-leading solutions for managing credit accounts, identifying and minimizing the impact of fraud, and customizing consumer offers with pinpoint accuracy. Most of the world's top banks, as well as leading insurers, retailers, pharma businesses and government agencies rely on FICO solutions to accelerate growth, control risk, boost profits, and meet regulatory and competitive demands. FICO also helps millions of individuals manage their personal credit health through www.myFICO.com. Learn more about FICO at www.fico.com.
FICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
FICO is not able to sponsor or transfer H-1B visa petitions or provide “green card” sponsorship for this position at this time.
FICO: Make every decision count.
FICO - 18 months ago
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading...