The Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for key aspects of software and informatics product marketing for a fast growing DNA sequencing company. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and managing successful product launches.
Position responsibilities and deliverables include to:
• Deliver software and informatics product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
• Work very closely with development teams to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
• Plan and lead successful product launches
• Provide key input for detailed software and informatics product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
• Contribute to business plans for software and informatics products that include opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful adoption
• Perform competitive and market analysis, including opportunity and barrier to entry assessment
• Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
• Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
• 4-6 years of relevant product management work experience in life science company or related field
• Degree in molecular biology, computer science or associated scientific field required.
• Excellent technical depth in informatics. Knowledge in DNA analysis informatics strongly preferred.
• Clear ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
• Outstanding teamwork and communication skills with high leadership potential
• Must have a “can-do” attitude and be flexible in a fast-paced start-up environment. Experience in a start-up environment preferred.
• Must be an intelligent individual with an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
• Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
• Ability to travel up to 30%