The Product Manager for Digital Retailing will shepherd new product development through the conception-to-delivery and maintenance lifecycle. They will manage the product through a combination of personal initiative and departmental checklists, serve as primary or secondary liaison with all involved functional areas, and provide a focal point for the development process. The product manager will develop and maintain product roadmaps; work with other Product Managers/owners to complete required analysis and documentation; negotiate and managed third party relationships; support Sales and Marketing efforts with campaign and collateral development. ~
- Seek out and champion innovative enhancement to products and derivative services. Be an expert on product subject matter.
- Collect and prioritize requirements for these products from internal and external stakeholders. Build a network of relevant market contacts.
- Develop and manage the accompanying documentation for each new product: Project charters, market requirement documents, software requirements specification, user documentation, and sales collateral.
- Lead Sprint planning and assist engineering and support teams in the product development cycle, contributing to design, workflow, functionality, and product documentation.
- Coordinate and prioritize performance or maintenance issues throughout the product life cycle.
- Educate support, marketing, and sales on functionality, feature-benefit story, and product or service messaging, as well as providing hands-on product training.
- Assist product management team in preparing and presenting roadmaps, performance reports, and financial results for the products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience managing successful software products to deadline and budget and with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to communicate complex concepts in writing and in spoken words, and be able to balance the competing needs of stakeholders, budgets, and resource constraints.
- Preferred: Significant level of understanding of the automotive industry and auto retailing.
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job