The Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a global product strategy throughout the product lifecycle for a specific category or line of products. The Product Manager will work with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Engineering and other internal/external support functions to develop New Product Concepts and Business Plans along with associated channel and product line maintenance in support of company financial and strategic goals. The Product Manager will conduct market research and field- work to understand end-user needs in order to bring innovative solutions to market. The individual must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy with the drive, leadership, and “hands-on” ability to make their vision a reality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Lead Cross-Functional Core Team in managing all product segment related activities for current and new products
- Work with domestic and international business units to develop global product strategies
- Define product concepts based on life cycle management, innovation needs and gap filling strategies
- Manage the Front End Process to ensure product development pipeline supports future growth objectives
- Evaluate the competitive environment
- Analyze and collaborate with Finance on pricing and sku rationalization
- Lead R&D efforts in the development of new products and innovation in the category
- Work with outside Design Agency in defining new and existing products design and style
- Collaborate with external and internal resources to develop, conduct, and analyze market research in support of business objectives
- Develop presentations for senior management to support the marketing plan for the product category
- Collaborate with internal resources in the development of manuals, packaging, photography, merchandising, and related launch materials
- Actively participate in trade shows, key customer presentations and consumer events
- Become the assigned product category expert within and outside the organization
- Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university (MBA preferred)
- Candidate will ideally have 5+ years experience in marketing, brand or product management for a consumer products company.
- Previous experience handling multiple projects and managing all details large and small is a must.
- Candidates will have a sense of urgency in driving results, excellent communications skills, and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
The Product Manager may have direct report responsibilities for an Associate Product Manager and/or a Product Coordinator. With this responsibility, the Product Manager must provide clear direction and manage in a way consistent with all defined HR policies. Clearly defined goals and objectives should be established for the subordinate to be managed and appraised. In addition, the Product Manager must continually monitor the performance of his / her direct report in order to assist in the development of the subordinate’s career.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Knowledge of internet, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing software
- Knowledge of SAP database software desired
Weber-Stephen Products LLC - 7 months ago
No need to ask how the meal will be prepared at Weber-Stephen's company parties. The firm is one of the nation's top makers of...