Hulu’s mission is to provide your favorite shows whenever and wherever you want. We are looking for someone to help drive Hulu’s product development for living room devices (game consoles, internet-connected TVs, stand-alone devices, etc.). This is where the bulk of premium video is consumed.
At Hulu, Product Managers do everything from brainstorming features to customer/competitor research to wire framing to developing specifications to working closely with developers. Given the varying types of people you will work with, whether technical or not, the ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, over the phone, or on a napkin is essential. Leadership is a critical quality as product managers build by motivating cross-functional teams. This doesn't mean we require experience managing a lot of direct reports. Most people at Hulu don't manage a lot of people as we're a very flat organization, but the number of boxes below you in an org chart is an imprecise measure of leadership. At Hulu, influence is a function of the strength of your ideas, how clearly you can articulate your thinking, and the charisma with which you communicate.
Candidates should have experience envisioning, defining, planning, outlining, and spearheading the execution of world class products. This role requires strong business judgment, understanding of current trends and technologies, mastery of product management best practices, and a keen focus on consumers. We are looking for someone with passion and obsession for building world-class living room products and experiences.
- Help drive the living room product vision, partnering closely with other teams in Hulu
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and launch innovate products and features
- Work closely with external partners to align roadmaps
- Monitor and analyze competitive and industry trends
- Drive continuous innovation and refinement of our applications
- Distill business and product requirements into actionable items for the engineers
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably for a consumer-facing product or service
- Proven experience in managing a product from ideation through development all the way to customers hands
- Experience designing interfaces optimized for the television screen with its unique screen resolution, form factors, and input devices is critical.
- Demonstrated strong partnering and negotiation skills with external companies
- Strong understanding of analytics, knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and with poise and maturity in person, in writing, over the phone, on a napkin - you’ll need that when communicating with colleagues from different groups and different geographies
Hulu - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...